As I always tell my students, I’ve wanted to be a teacher ever since pre-school and I am lucky to be living the dream. I’ve taught middle school in Las Vegas, 9th grade in Denver, and currently teach World History and Economics in Everett. I’ve also spent couple summers teaching English in China and did a student-teaching stint in Norway. I am obsessed with everything education related, and love writing about any and all education topics. Most of this writing has ended up in ParentMAP (a Seattle based magazine).
My 2015 feature “The Flipped Classroom” earned the Bronze Medal from the Parenting Media Association (PMA), a national non-profit representing the family media market for nearly 30 years.
“Just flat-out interesting. The story localizes and explains a very hot trend in education. It doesn’t function as a booster piece, just illustrates the pros and cons of the classroom through quotes and reporting.“
Links to articles:
- Big Data Invades the Classroom
- Think Outside the Classroom
- Getting Social: Local Teachers Reinventing Social Studies
- Standardized Testing: Should We Opt In or Opt Out
- The Gift of Reading
- Are E-Books Hindering Literacy?
- High School Start Times
- Homework SOS
- The Flipped Classroom
- Memorializing High School
- AP classes
- Voting to Walkout
- Getting a Running Start to College
- 3-D Mapping
- Beyond Open House: School Communication
- Keeping Screen Time to a Minimum
- Back to School Savings